Saturday, January 19, 2008

Honesty

To tell the truth the peppermint patties never happened and the cute little celophane bags have gone unused into the Christmas box for next year. What I have done though is start reading Julie and Julia, lovely book about one womans coming of age (thirty people I can relate) story and how cooking her way through Julia Child's The Art of French Cooking transformed her. Or at least I think that is what it is about, I have only gotten through the first chapter. Needless to say I already feel as if it is a story I could be telling (of course I did not marry my high school sweetheart or have on for that matter and I don't live in Brooklyn with said sweetheart. I am applying to Brooklyn Law School so that is something...or maybe not). Anyway, it has inspired to to a) hunt down a copy of the cook book (as of to date unsuccessful, I want a used one) and b) make potage parmentier (in which I ran out a bought all the ingredients for, giving me an opportunity to use my little purple hand shopping cart. It is kind of like the hand carts in the store, only made out of fabric with a metal frame and of course it closes at the top. Basically it rules). So that is how I will spend my evening and I am super excited. I will also be making the lemon bars from the Tartine cookbook, because they are delicious and I am just in a food kind of place. I will update with the recipes and photos and tales of my adventures. The kitchen is calling me I must give in.

No comments: