Saturday, February 9, 2008

Cinnamon Latte Frosting

Okay before I just list the ingredients here I would like to say that this frosting is not for the faint of heart, or the skinny little bitch in the at the fashion show that thinks that low fat salad dressing is a splurge in the calorie intake...if you know what I am saying.

And the Ingredients are:

1 lb. Cream Cheese
1/2 lb. Unsalted Butter
1 lb. confectioners' sugar (I didn't have this much and it turned out plenty sweet, so don't feel like you have to use the whole pound, I will not judge you if you do)
1 shot espresso. I made have a stove top single shot maker that I used with Illy espresso and I was plenty pleased
Cinnamon to taste (I will be honest I don't know how much I put in, just enough to be tasty)

In your standing mixer, cream butter and cream cheese (have them at room temp helps). Add in the sugar and the espresso. Cinnamon to taste. When it is all blended I let the frosting stiffen up in the fridge for about 15 minute and then I went to town frosting the cake. Don't be shy when tasting to see if there is enough cinnamon (this recipe makes a big enough batch) and always let someone like the beaters.

No comments: